Visa Requirements for the Face to Face courses
Residence Permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)
This postgraduate programme offers both online and face-to-face short courses which aim to expand in-depth knowledge on various aspects of social protection schemes as well as impart the technical background and practical skillsets needed to support the building or expansion of social protection schemes and the policies which support them. Participants of the programme will subsequently be capable of making significant contributions to the elaboration and implementation of reforms necessary for achieving and maintaining viable, sustainable and efficient social protection systems which effectively and equitably meet current and future socio-economic and gender-specific challenges.
Applying for a residence permit
- The following documents must be submitted to apply for a residence permit:
Application form for a residence permit (Antrag auf Erteilung einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis). This form is available at the foreigners’ office.
- Admissions letter (Zulassungsbescheid) from Heidelberg University
- Proof of health insurance (original and copy)
- 2 biometric passport photos
- Passport (original and copy)
- Proof of sufficient financial resources (see the following section)
- Depending on the requirements of the foreigners’ office at which you apply, additional documents may be required.
- by proving that you will receive a grant or fellowship (including the amount and duration of the funding) or
- by demonstrating your income and assets or
- by depositing a security into a blocked bank account in Germany from which only one twelfth of the deposited amount may be paid out per month or
- by undertaking a bank guarantee for the planned duration of your training. This guarantee must be undertaken at a bank in Germany or at a bank that is allowed to do business in Germany.