Social Protection Courses
This programme and its individual modules are offered in a context of collaboration between Heidelberg Institute of Global Health, at the University of Heidelberg, Germany and the Institute of Public Policy and Management, at the National Economics University, Vietnam. They were developed with the financial support of German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ) and Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation, Germany (BMZ).
Workload and learning outcomes of the courses are measured by using both the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) and the ASEAN Credit Transfer System (ACTS). For more information, please click on this link: http://apps.acts.ui.ac.id/index.php/home
The short course programme is designed for currently qualified and future experts and managers from policy and technical departments of social security institutions, public health professionals, policy-makers, private companies and relevant public administrations, as well as project planners and coordinators. All course participants should benefit from the programme independent of their geographical origin.
The programme aims at conveying in-depth and inter-disciplinary knowledge in the area of Social Protection. Participants who complete individual courses, or the package of courses will be able to further develop and make substantial contributions to the development of viable, sustainably funded, efficient, effective and equitable social protection systems to meet future socio-economic challenges across countries. Each of the courses is based on cooperation between academic partners and relevant specialized and professional institutions to ensure the practical implementation and operation of social security systems.
With the completion of a package of courses, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in managing essential social protection instruments
- Manage complex business processes concerning social protection programmes
- Examine the risks faced by individuals and communities and the potential responses by social protection programmes
- Identify prevailing strengths and challenges of social protection programmes and their implementation
- Assess potential gaps between existing and emerging demand for and supply of social protection
- Recommend new social protection interventions and forecast their potential impacts
- Propose multi-tiered solutions for improving the landscape of a social protection system
- Evaluate the implication of social protection systems on broader policy objectives and formulate recommendations for different stakeholders.
- Flexibility of course structure and freedom to choose individual courses or from a package of courses
- Opportunities to learn both didactically and practically from experts in multiple fields of social protection;
- Networking and collaboration with like-minded people from multiple countries
- Ability to choose e-learning-based courses or face-to-face courses in Germany and Vietnam.
- For those who complete the certificate programme: skills and knowledge imparted through the courses will enable professional development in the field.
1. Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree or completion of a master or medical degree program with diploma in the areas of medicine or dentistry.
2. English proficiency
3. Currently or are planning on working in an area of social protection.
How to Apply:
The dates of application are given on the Courses overview site.
The dates and rules for applying to the programme or individual courses are given on the Courses overview site.
|Individual Short Courses||Link to courses overview|
|Postgraduate Certificate in Social Protection||3.500 €|