Overview Social Protection Program
Overview of the courses program
This postgraduate programme offers both online and face-to-face short courses which aim to expand in-depth knowledge on various aspects of social protection schemes as well as impart the technical background and practical skillsets needed to support the building or expansion of social protection schemes and the policies which support them. Participants of the programme will subsequently be capable of making significant contributions to the elaboration and implementation of reforms necessary for achieving and maintaining viable, sustainable and efficient social protection systems which effectively and equitably meet current and future socio-economic and gender-specific challenges.
Disciplinary and interdisciplinary profile (outcomes) of the Short Courses program:
The objectives of the short course programme take a three-tiered approach, looking at problems and solutions on the individual level, the institutional-level and the multi — institutional level (systems-level).
The program has the following specific objectives:
- Promotion of individual and professional competencies, including research skills in social protection
- Development of practical problem-solving skills in the area of social protection
- Development of trans-disciplinary dialogue competence and networking among program alumni and with specialized national and international institutions
- Promotion of student leadership and innovation competencies within their own institutions and social protection systems.
With the accomplishment of the courses, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate didactic knowledge and technical skills in managing essential social protection instruments
- Manage complex business processes concerning social protection programmes
- Examine the risks faced by individuals and communities and potential system responses
- Identify common strengths and challenges to social protection programmes and their implementation
- Assess potential gaps between existing supply and emerging demand for social protection
- Recommend new social protection interventions and forecast their potential impacts
- Propose multi-tiered solutions for improving the social protection system landscape
- Evaluate the impacts of social protection systems on broader policy objectives and draw recommendations for different stakeholders.